After you fill out this
form, xerox a copy for yourself and then please mail it back to our office at
PO Box 40026, Washington, DC 20016-0026, fax it to 202-965-2827, or e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click here to print the online form.
The Rebuilding Together of Washington, DC program is geared towards groups, whether businesses, civic organizations, churches or alumni clubs, who want to work together on a project. We encourage individuals who want to work on a house to put together a team and become a home repair sponsor. However, this does not mean that we can never use individual volunteers. Following are some of the jobs individual volunteers are needed for:
- Construction professionals and and volunteers with trades skills are always needed to assist unskilled volunteers in making repairs to homes they are sponsoring. Volunteers with professional construction skills are vital to our success. We ask for everyone's help in recruiting friends, colleagues, and others who have trades skills. The following are always needed: carpenters, electricians, plumbers, drywallers, painters, roofers, masons, appliance repairmen, people with vehicles to haul away trash.
- Experienced volunteers -- House Captains -- are needed to step in and lead new and inexperienced groups. Captains inspect the project site, plan the work, meet with the homeowner, make sure the necessary materials and supplies are on hand and within budget, and coordinate their volunteer teams for a fun, safe and successful experience.
Individual volunteers are needed to:
- Preview the homes of Rebuilding Together of Washington, DC applicants
- Flier neighborhoods to increase awareness of our program with low-income homeowners
- Assist with office work such as data entry and mailings
- Spearhead fundraising activities year round
- Distribute supplies on Warehouse Days
- Mark paint cans
- Pick up donated materials and deliver them to our warehouse
Occasionally, unskilled volunteers are needed to paint, etc. when sponsoring groups find they do not have enough people to work on their project. At such times, House Captains may call us looking for additional people. However, this is the exception rather than the rule. If you really want to work on a house, we urge you to put together your own sponsoring team.
Call 202.965.2824 to find out more.
United Way/CFC #59172
Sponsor a House
Donors and Sponsors
Apply for Assistance
Sign-up for Email*